Schockwave's Forum
Welcome, please register or login, thank you.
Schockwave's Forum
Welcome, please register or login, thank you.
Schockwave's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Schockwave's Forum

A discussion forum of anything from photography to disability, sports, weather, politics, nature, just to name a few.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  ForumsForums  Schockwave's HomepageSchockwave's Homepage  My GuestbookMy Guestbook  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» German GP Result, Sunday, 12th July 2009
James Allen on Ferrari quit threat Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009 - 15:17 by Schockwave

» British GP Result, Sunday 21st of June 2009
James Allen on Ferrari quit threat Icon_minitimeSun 21 Jun 2009 - 9:00 by Schockwave

» Turkish GP, Sunday 7th June 2009
James Allen on Ferrari quit threat Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jun 2009 - 16:39 by Schockwave

» Amazing Ball Routine
James Allen on Ferrari quit threat Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009 - 9:17 by Schockwave

» Bizarre Laws
James Allen on Ferrari quit threat Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009 - 9:16 by Schockwave

» Bizarre Holidays
James Allen on Ferrari quit threat Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009 - 9:12 by Schockwave

» Monaco GP Result, Sunday 24th May 2009
James Allen on Ferrari quit threat Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009 - 15:49 by Schockwave

» UK 'worst electrical recycler'
James Allen on Ferrari quit threat Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009 - 7:00 by Schockwave

» Call for 'better deal for carers'
James Allen on Ferrari quit threat Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009 - 6:26 by Schockwave

Guestbook
Free Guestbook
My Guestbook
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Schockwave
James Allen on Ferrari quit threat I_vote_lcapJames Allen on Ferrari quit threat I_voting_barJames Allen on Ferrari quit threat I_vote_rcap 
Mystery
James Allen on Ferrari quit threat I_vote_lcapJames Allen on Ferrari quit threat I_voting_barJames Allen on Ferrari quit threat I_vote_rcap 
kahuna
Bearhunt
Mr.Stamper
acdcpirate
Counter
Flag Counter
free counters

James Allen on Ferrari quit threat

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Schockwave
Site Owner
Site Owner
Schockwave

Number of posts : 78
Warning Level : James Allen on Ferrari quit threat Mta0p2
Moods : James Allen on Ferrari quit threat Th_wel10
Registration date : 2009-03-07

James Allen on Ferrari quit threat Empty
PostSubject: James Allen on Ferrari quit threat   James Allen on Ferrari quit threat Icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2009 - 17:36

Ferrari raised the previously unthinkable spectre of a Formula 1 without the legendary Italian marque by threatening to walk away from the sport at the end of this season if the optional budget cap is introduced as planned.

ITV.com/F1 columnist James Allen explains why Ferrari is so opposed to the 2010 plans, reads between the lines of its board's explosive statement and asks whether this is simply an act of brinkmanship or if the team is deadly serious.

Today’s announcement by Ferrari that they will not enter the 2010 world championship if the rules regarding budget caps and the two-tier system are not dropped is quite a bombshell, although it has been coming for some time.

When Max Mosley said the other week that “Formula 1 could survive without Ferrari” you could almost hear the blood boiling in Maranello.

Ferrari are unhappy on a number of levels: they don’t like the idea of a budget cap, because they think it is impossible to police and they resent the idea of FIA accountants poring through their books.

They also are unhappy that the FIA has, in their view, not respected rights, which were apparently agreed between the governing body and Ferrari in 2005, whereby the team have a right of veto over rule changes.

This is why the two-tier element to the 2010 rules comes in, so that Ferrari can continue to run with unlimited budget if it wishes to.

As Mosley said: “If Ferrari chooses to continue with an unrestricted budget the new regulations will not deprive Ferrari of any rights or impose any significant new obligations upon Ferrari.”

Ferrari’s statement hints at a legal challenge against the FIA and the 2010 rules.

It also ends by saying that the chairman is mandated to look at all avenues in order to protect Ferrari’s interests and this could be taken to mean either entering another existing series or starting their own, possibly in conjunction with other manufacturers.

Toyota said on Sunday that they would not enter the 2010 championship if the conditions do not change and other manufacturers are known to feel that way, even if they haven’t come out and said it.

So what does it all mean? Is this just a spectacular piece of showmanship or is it a serious threat to take Ferrari out of F1?

Mosley says he has little room to negotiate, because the new teams will not be able to come in unless the budget cap is in place and set low.

But would the FIA really rather have USGPE, Lola and iSport than Ferrari and Toyota and BMW?

Bernie Ecclestone is going around saying that the accountancy side will be sorted out and the whole thing will be resolved when the teams meet with Mosley on Friday in London.

It would be a mistake to underestimate either Ferrari’s anger or Mosley’s resolve.

http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?Type=James_Allen&id=45862&PO=45862

Last edited by Schockwave on Tue 12 May 2009 - 17:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://schockwave.webs.com/
Schockwave
Site Owner
Site Owner
Schockwave

Number of posts : 78
Warning Level : James Allen on Ferrari quit threat Mta0p2
Moods : James Allen on Ferrari quit threat Th_wel10
Registration date : 2009-03-07

James Allen on Ferrari quit threat Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Allen on Ferrari quit threat   James Allen on Ferrari quit threat Icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2009 - 17:42

Well, it looks like we shall have to wait until Friday to see if they resolve this! Let us hope so and that these three teams do not quit, or any other, for that matter, who may want to join the battle! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://schockwave.webs.com/

James Allen on Ferrari quit threat
Page 1 of 1