Schockwave's Forum
Welcome, please register or login, thank you.
Schockwave's Forum
Welcome, please register or login, thank you.
Schockwave's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Schockwave's Forum

A discussion forum of anything from photography to disability, sports, weather, politics, nature, just to name a few.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  ForumsForums  Schockwave's HomepageSchockwave's Homepage  My GuestbookMy Guestbook  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» German GP Result, Sunday, 12th July 2009
Ferrari says podium was possible Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009 - 15:17 by Schockwave

» British GP Result, Sunday 21st of June 2009
Ferrari says podium was possible Icon_minitimeSun 21 Jun 2009 - 9:00 by Schockwave

» Turkish GP, Sunday 7th June 2009
Ferrari says podium was possible Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jun 2009 - 16:39 by Schockwave

» Amazing Ball Routine
Ferrari says podium was possible Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009 - 9:17 by Schockwave

» Bizarre Laws
Ferrari says podium was possible Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009 - 9:16 by Schockwave

» Bizarre Holidays
Ferrari says podium was possible Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009 - 9:12 by Schockwave

» Monaco GP Result, Sunday 24th May 2009
Ferrari says podium was possible Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009 - 15:49 by Schockwave

» UK 'worst electrical recycler'
Ferrari says podium was possible Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009 - 7:00 by Schockwave

» Call for 'better deal for carers'
Ferrari says podium was possible Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009 - 6:26 by Schockwave

Guestbook
Free Guestbook
My Guestbook
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Schockwave
Ferrari says podium was possible I_vote_lcapFerrari says podium was possible I_voting_barFerrari says podium was possible I_vote_rcap 
Mystery
Ferrari says podium was possible I_vote_lcapFerrari says podium was possible I_voting_barFerrari says podium was possible I_vote_rcap 
kahuna
Bearhunt
Mr.Stamper
acdcpirate
Counter
Flag Counter
free counters

Ferrari says podium was possible

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Schockwave
Site Owner
Site Owner
Schockwave

Number of posts : 78
Warning Level : Ferrari says podium was possible Mta0p2
Moods : Ferrari says podium was possible Th_wel10
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Ferrari says podium was possible Empty
PostSubject: Ferrari says podium was possible   Ferrari says podium was possible Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr 2009 - 6:35

Ferrari team boss Stefano Domenicali believes the electrical failure that halted Felipe Massa during the safety car period in China cost the Italian squad its first podium of 2009.

Massa had moved up from 12th on the grid to third as others pitted, and Domenicali said his pace on heavy fuel promised much for the remainder of the race.

"It's very unfortunate because if you look at the first part of the race, Felipe was fantastic," said Domenicali.

"He was really much faster than (eventual winner) Sebastian Vettel, who had low fuel, and we had double the fuel.

"In those conditions it was perfect.

"But then we had that electronic problem and stopped, which is a shame because I'm pretty sure that with that strategy and the fact that he was doing fantastic laps, he would have been on the podium."

Massa said his electrics had begun playing up during the initial safety car period at the start of the race.

"I had some small issues on the first safety car, but then it looks like it was much better, and then on the second safety car (it came back) in a much stronger way so I lost the throttle," he said.

His team-mate Kimi Raikkonen reported similar issues, and suspected the rain was to blame.

"A few times it didn't run very cleanly, but sometimes that can happen when you follow people and it gets full of water," he said.

For most of the race the Finn - who only finished 10th - was struggling more with a lack of grip.

"In the beginning it wasn't too bad but then after a few laps I didn't have any grip so it was hard to stay on the circuit, and the other cars were faster and they got past," said Raikkonen.

"I don't think it's tyre temperature, I think it's just that we didn't have the grip.

"I was aquaplaning and sliding, and every time I touched a wet patch I just lost the front end."

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=45628&PO=45628
Back to top Go down
http://schockwave.webs.com/
Schockwave
Site Owner
Site Owner
Schockwave

Number of posts : 78
Warning Level : Ferrari says podium was possible Mta0p2
Moods : Ferrari says podium was possible Th_wel10
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Ferrari says podium was possible Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferrari says podium was possible   Ferrari says podium was possible Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr 2009 - 6:38

I agree, I believe that if Massa had not had an electrical failure, he had a chance of a podium finish for the first time this year! Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Wink
Back to top Go down
http://schockwave.webs.com/

Ferrari says podium was possible
Page 1 of 1