Schockwave's Forum
Welcome, please register or login, thank you.
Schockwave's Forum
Welcome, please register or login, thank you.
Schockwave's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Schockwave's Forum

A discussion forum of anything from photography to disability, sports, weather, politics, nature, just to name a few.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  ForumsForums  Schockwave's HomepageSchockwave's Homepage  My GuestbookMy Guestbook  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» German GP Result, Sunday, 12th July 2009
Coach Klinsmann sacked by Bayern Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009 - 15:17 by Schockwave

» British GP Result, Sunday 21st of June 2009
Coach Klinsmann sacked by Bayern Icon_minitimeSun 21 Jun 2009 - 9:00 by Schockwave

» Turkish GP, Sunday 7th June 2009
Coach Klinsmann sacked by Bayern Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jun 2009 - 16:39 by Schockwave

» Amazing Ball Routine
Coach Klinsmann sacked by Bayern Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009 - 9:17 by Schockwave

» Bizarre Laws
Coach Klinsmann sacked by Bayern Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009 - 9:16 by Schockwave

» Bizarre Holidays
Coach Klinsmann sacked by Bayern Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009 - 9:12 by Schockwave

» Monaco GP Result, Sunday 24th May 2009
Coach Klinsmann sacked by Bayern Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009 - 15:49 by Schockwave

» UK 'worst electrical recycler'
Coach Klinsmann sacked by Bayern Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009 - 7:00 by Schockwave

» Call for 'better deal for carers'
Coach Klinsmann sacked by Bayern Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009 - 6:26 by Schockwave

Guestbook
Free Guestbook
My Guestbook
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Schockwave
Coach Klinsmann sacked by Bayern I_vote_lcapCoach Klinsmann sacked by Bayern I_voting_barCoach Klinsmann sacked by Bayern I_vote_rcap 
Mystery
Coach Klinsmann sacked by Bayern I_vote_lcapCoach Klinsmann sacked by Bayern I_voting_barCoach Klinsmann sacked by Bayern I_vote_rcap 
kahuna
Bearhunt
Mr.Stamper
acdcpirate
Counter
Flag Counter
free counters

Coach Klinsmann sacked by Bayern

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Schockwave
Site Owner
Site Owner
Schockwave

Number of posts : 78
Warning Level : Coach Klinsmann sacked by Bayern Mta0p2
Moods : Coach Klinsmann sacked by Bayern Th_wel10
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Coach Klinsmann sacked by Bayern Empty
PostSubject: Coach Klinsmann sacked by Bayern   Coach Klinsmann sacked by Bayern Icon_minitimeMon 27 Apr 2009 - 4:58

Bayern Munich coach Jurgen Klinsmann has been sacked after only eight months in charge at the Allianz Arena.

The German giants lost 1-0 to Schalke on Saturday, a result that leaves them third in the league and in danger of missing Champions League qualification.

Bayern also crashed out of Europe at the quarter-final stage of this year's Champions League after an emphatic 5-1 aggregate defeat by Barcelona.

Former coach Jupp Heynckes will take charge for the remainder of the season.

"We did not come to this decision lightly," club chairman Karl-Heinze Rummenigge said in a statement.

"But the results of the past weeks, the way in which they came about and above all, the situation we find ourselves in five games before the end of the season forced us to act out of a sense of responsibility to the club."

The club website stated that the decision had been taken as a result of the board's concern that the club 'may not achieve its minimum targets for the season'.

Klinsmann had returned to the club he represented as a player, tasked with restoring them as a force in Europe - his coaching reputation established by Germany's impressive World Cup campaign in 2006 where he guided them to the semi-finals before being beaten by eventual winners Italy.

He had been criticised before the tournament for his insistence on dividing his time between his homeland and the USA, where he was impressed by the psychological preparation undergone by athletes.

But his unorthodox training methods failed to win over either the fans or the Bayern hierarchy as the side struggled in its Bundesliga defence despite some solid European form.

Heynckes, who has guided Bayern to two league titles in the past and has also coached Borussian Moenchengladbach and Real Madrid, will be assisted by current reserve team coach Hermann Gerland.

News of Klinsmann's departure, along with his assistants Martin Vasquez and Nick Theslof, came following reports that the club had approached Arsenal to enquire about the availability of manager Arsene Wenger.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8020338.stm
Back to top Go down
http://schockwave.webs.com/

Coach Klinsmann sacked by Bayern
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Schockwave's Forum :: Sports :: Football-
Jump to: